Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have a fuse in my 2004 chevy cavilier that keeps blowing?

Ok so for the last month at least my radio fuse keeps blowing. I would change the fuse and then a few days later it would blow again. The dude at advance said that it was because I have something always running like a GPS. Which in my car isnt true. Plus the GPS goes into the cigg lighter, which is not the fuse that keeps blowing. Well yesterday it blew again. I went to change it and before I could even get it inserted it sparked and blew. It litterally melted part of the fuse and created sparks. I just need to know what is wrong and how do I fix it. ThanksI have a fuse in my 2004 chevy cavilier that keeps blowing?Don't listen to people at Advance. I hate that place. You obviously have a short circuit in the power wire leading to your stereo. If it's an aftermarket stereo, the source of the problem is most likely right behind the head unit. Maybe the insulation was cut by a screw or sharp piece of metal. Could possibly be the case with a factory head unit too. Pull your stereo out and see if you can find any cut wires. You can identify the power wires by the fact that they're usually larger in diameter than the others.
  • give them advice
  • hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment