Monday, October 24, 2011

Power Outage - electronics broken?

I have a audio reciever that was working just fine, but then a power outage occurred. Now my receiver is dead and won't turn on. I changed the fuses but no go. What happens to electronics during a power outage that could cause this, and is it possible to fix this? Would I have to buy new parts and what type of parts? How would I go about to fix this problem? I don't want to buy a new one...this is just a fun project for me.

The audio receiver is Pioneer VSX-515Power Outage - electronics broken?Unplug the unit and take the case off most of the pioneer amps have a fuse inside the case right near the spot where the 110 hooks up to the transformer. Remove the fuse and go to Radio Shack and get a replacement. I have fixed several old receivers this way usually for under $2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment