Monday, October 24, 2011

Landlord trouble. House should probably be condemned. ?

K, My landlord won;t fix a thing. I've had it. My fuse box is from the 40s. I can't have my washer and dryer on and watch TV or the whole house looses power. It's going to start a fire with the sparking that happens when you change the one fuse running the whole place. I've told him this and he gave me more fuses!! Told me to unplug things. I can't live properly with everything unplugged. 3 quarters of the windows don't open. Some aren't even glass, it's fiberglass mono foamed into the frame. The tiles in the bathroom are falling apart and cracked to the point I'm cutting my feet if I step wrong. Now, when I went downstairs to restart the dryer after the last power blowout there is boiling hot black goo coming out a drain down there. He's %26quot;fixed%26quot; it once before when it was just lukewarm water coming out. The bathroom wall that he's also %26quot;fixed%26quot; twice before is blue and falling apart in soggy chunks. This man owns a construction company and just built a brand new house. He knows what he's doing. It took 4 months for him to fix a really leaky faucet when I first moved in. I would move but I'm not in the financial place to come up with damage deposit on another place, also I'm not going to find a 3 bed house that allows kids/smoking/and pets for the amount I'm paying now. I was told I should get a hold of the fire Marshall, but I don't know how to get ahold of him/her. I'm in Canada. Who to call to inspect this place?Landlord trouble. House should probably be condemned. ?And all of this changed AFTER you moved in?



You should have been able to see these items when you decided to move there.Landlord trouble. House should probably be condemned. ?Ok...people...all she ask was for some help.. and all u r doing is telling her is that she is to freaking cheap to put her kids first.....her rent happens to b over a thousand dollar a month plus all the utilities.

that's not cheap anywhere......when they moved into the place they were a two family.

Report Abuse

Landlord trouble. House should probably be condemned. ?If it's so awful, you should move.Landlord trouble. House should probably be condemned. ?The landlord is responsible for upkeep. But you knew it was crappy when you moved in. You really need to decide what is important to you and what you can afford. You won't be worried about a few dollars if your kds and pets are in a fire because you wanted to save a few bucks. Can you really afford the gamble if it is as bad as you say?Landlord trouble. House should probably be condemned. ?Your problems are why the rent is so cheap.



OK, you call the fire marshall and he deems it to be condemned, then you move anyway.



It makes no sense that you are trying to condemn the place, but just want to stay there.



The fact that you are not leaving pretty much means that you find it acceptable, there isn't much you can do. You liked it when you moved in and you like it enough now to stay.Landlord trouble. House should probably be condemned. ?You don't have to call the fire marshall, you just need to call the local fire station and tell them you think you have a fire hazard. They will come and inspect it. But if you can't afford to move now, how will you afford to move if the place is condemned?
  • name of children
  • pets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment