Monday, October 24, 2011

How do I disbale my car's horn?

I have an 88 buick century. My horn started acting up; it would honk whenever I made a left turn! It was more than horribly embarressing, it was dangerous. The next day, my dome light, radio, %26quot;buzzer%26quot;, and horn stopped working all together. I knew that this ment that fuse needed changing which made everything start working well again, but then as I pulled out of my parking space, my horn was acting up and the radio, done light, ect all stopped working. So I switched the fuse from a 25 to a 30 which worked for a few days before shorting out. So now I'm pretty sure that my horn is som how damaged and is pulling more power thatn it needs and is overloading the circut and blowing the fuse. I would like to disable my horn to see if that will fix things. Does anyone know how I can do this?How do I disbale my car's horn?The horn is not the cause for the fuse to blow. You identfied it when you said you make a turn and it blows. The terminal in your steering wheel is shorted out.'88 does not have the clockspring under the steering wheel but a rotational contact wheel.Suggest to get it checked out and please do not put a higher amp fuse to replace original one. You are risking to melt wires and possiable a fire.Not to scare you but it does and has happened to alot of people trying that.

Hope this will help some and if any more questions ,you may ask anytime.

Maybe chack this site out for a great gift,reasonable priced for a surprise for a family or friend.

www.cakefulthoughts.comHow do I disbale my car's horn?snip the wiresHow do I disbale my car's horn?find the horn (near the radiator) pull the green wire off of it. Done.How do I disbale my car's horn?disconnect the wire connector on the horn ,it is at the front of the car by the headlightHow do I disbale my car's horn?just disconnect the wire from it until you can get it replaced or repaired,it should be located near the front of the vehicle,usually around the radiator support,disconnecting the wire from it will stop it from going off,good luck.How do I disbale my car's horn?Not positive on a 88 Buick but on my Chevy, there's just a single wire which runs to the horn, connected with a flat clip. Now it's a old 60's Chevy which means it's very simple, your Buick might not be as easy but that's what I would look for. Do you know what the horn looks like? Here's what I know a horn to look like, hopefully yours is similar:



http://www.global-b2b-network.com/directHow do I disbale my car's horn?get it checked and fixed it is not legal for the horn not to work it has to work for safety inspectionsHow do I disbale my car's horn?The horn is fine.

You've got a short in your wiring.

(The horn is the only component designed to be shorted behind the device instead of switched ahead of it.)

That 30 amp fuse probably really burned some wire!

If the original problem showed up in turns, check the wiring as it enters the steering wheel first.How do I disbale my car's horn?many ways that you can do this, the easiest is to locate the fuse for the horns and pull it. you have a whole lot on that circuit to check out, but i dont think that you will find a problem in the horns them selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment