Monday, October 24, 2011

Electrical Issues with 74 VW Super Beetle?

I just got my Bug back from body work and a new paint job, and the rear blinkers, horn, and hazard lights do not work. I followed the advice of HOW TO KEEP YOUR VOLKSWAGEN ALIVE and considered the FUSES*. I changed them all - in the process found which lights the inside door when ajar - but the horn, rear blinkers, and hazards still NADA.



The headlights, break lights, reverse lights, forward blinkers, and rear lights [night] work fine.



What should I do next?



* the book only notes white and red fuses, but I also have a few BLUE ones.Electrical Issues with 74 VW Super Beetle?Were they working when you sent the car in for paint? You may have to get out the wiring diagram and trace them out and make sure they have a good ground. Make sure the fuse has good contact. You have to wiggle it around and see the sparks. Its the craziest mess I've ever lived with. When they did body work and painted your car, they probably jarred the wires loose. You gotta just stay on top of them fuses, they'll play again, believe me, I lived it.Electrical Issues with 74 VW Super Beetle?It sounds like you have a turn signal switch problem. Start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment