Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I find and change the fuse on my electric dryer?

One day it worked fine then the next I tried to dry and I pressed the button and it hesitated then died. It might be the fuse but we cant find it. Its old as hell but I dont want to buy a new one if I dont have to.How do I find and change the fuse on my electric dryer?Electric dryers usually don't have their own fuses. The circuit that it is plugged into would have a fuse or (more likely) a circuit breaker in your panel box, probably in the basement. Look in the panel box for a fuse that is burnt out or a breaker that is tripped (that is when the switch is in between the on and off positions). If you find a blown fuse or tripped breaker you can replace the fuse or reset the breaker but you will have to find out why it failed in the first place. Call a technician. This is not something you should fool with if you don't know about this stuff. How do I find and change the fuse on my electric dryer?Most likely the problem is with the timer or the motor itself. You can have it repaired, but is it worth it? A new one will be much more efficient, which will save you time and money. It's a decision only you can make, but age is definitely a factor. Good luck.How do I find and change the fuse on my electric dryer?I have an electric dryer and it has it's own fuse for the heating element. It's located next to the heating element. Check to see if you have a blown fuse at the fuse box or if a circuit breaker has tripped.How do I find and change the fuse on my electric dryer?buy a new one :(

No comments:

Post a Comment